An Excelling Church Consultation provides a special personalized opportunity for a church to evaluate its present ministry with the purpose of enjoying a more fruitful future to the glory of God. The consultation will provide significant assistance for healthy churches desiring a dynamic ministry future as well as for churches sensing a need for renewal and refocusing (Colossians 3:23a).
ANTICIPATED RESULTS FROM A CONSULTATION
- A realistic objective look at the church's current situation and potential for the future
- An opportunity to develop an exciting plan for the church's future ministry
- A spirit of unity and optimism concerning the future
- A strengthening of pastor-people teamwork and satisfaction
- Spiritual and numerical growth
- It is expected that morning worship service attendance will be growing by at least 5% annually within three years. Some churches that are already growing consistently have the potential to double within a five year period.
- Offerings should be increasing by at least 5% annually within 3 years (most churches can achieve at least a 10% annual gain). Churches already showing steady annual increases should see larger growth.
- The knowledge and ability to continuously engage in evaluation, adjustment and advancement as a way of life.
A CHURCH CONSULTATION WILL PROVIDE
- An on-site church evaluation and S.W.O.T. analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Guidance for the church to engage in an on-going self evaluation planning process
- Instruction in strategic planning, goal setting principles and processes for becoming an excelling church
- Survey evaluation and planning tools for ongoing use
- An evaluation of facilities, programming and demographic opportunities
- Identification and bibliography of printed, audio/visual, web/Internet resources and continuing training that may be most helpful to the church and pastor(s)
- Personal counsel and assistance for pastors and church leaders during and following the consultation.
THE EXCELLING CHURCH CONSULTATION FACILITATOR
Dr. Howard Bixby is an active local churchman who has served as a pastor for many years while leading a declining ministry through the stages of renewal to become a dynamic growing model church. He has more recently led a seminary through many growing changes and stages of strategic planning. Dr. Bixby has also taught a vibrant young couples ministry for many years and brings a passion for healthy, outreach focused, growing churches to his teaching, counsel and consultations.